Saturday, June 26, 2010

Elderly Midget & Gorilla Glue

I was on my way home from somewhere hours away. At first, someone else was following me as we tried to get on the correct roads we needed to to get home. I missed mine (which was R38-- an Ames road), so I had to turn around and go back. I waved at my friend as they continued on.
A little ways down the road, I stopped at someone's house to take a break. I don't think I had to use the bathroom or anything, I just needed a break from driving. Then when I went to hop on my bike to leave, I saw the old couple that lived there sitting out on their back porch. I felt bad for trespassing and not seeing them, so I went up and introduced myself as I left. For some reason, they told me their son's name, Jim something, and I recognized the name! I think he was some kind of relative or friend of my parents. They also pointed out the spectacular view that they had from their porch. I had been sitting down the hill a ways, so the view wasn't the same. It was all mountains, and I saw wildlife running; it didn't look like real-life mountains, however, it looked like a picture. It was beautiful, though!
Further on up the road, I came to my great aunt's house. I had already had 2 stops (not sure where the 1st one was), it was 8:30 at night, getting dark, and still and hour and a half or so drive to get home; I had already been driving for a couple hours, so I didn't want to stop, but I felt like I should. So I didn't. But instead, for some reason, I came back later. I went through the fence to the backyard, picked someone up (carrying a elderly midget?) and ran across the backyard hoping to not be seen by my great aunt. Meanwhile, my parents were narrating the situation-- watching through her windows (from the outside) to tell me what she was doing (cooking... "skipping the potatoes, so she may be coming to the window!") and help me get through without being seen. Well, I made it.
I don't know if I ever made it home, or made any other stops, but later on, I was back at my great aunt's house. Except now her grandson (my 2nd cousin), Kyle lived there. I saw through the window that he had replaced the old deck, and it looked really nice. He took us (my parents and I) to another part of the house, and I made a comment about the deck, so he took me to go see it.... instead of looking nice this time, it had fallen through, was all different heights, and made mostly out of old railroad ties! There was a spot about 6square feet that was new, but that was it. He had a bird bath on the deck railing and all kinds of birds and insects swarming around that area. It was kind of creepy. I saw something that looked like a tarantula at first, but then I realized it was a bird. This bird was blue, and literally the size and shape of a baseball. I went in and told Mom (cuz she loves birds), and we thought it may be an Indigo Bunting (which, in real life, is not shaped like a baseball). 
My cousin's house then became a grocery store. And I was going to work there, at least for the day. I was having trouble finding everything (it was actually a grocery/clothing store), and apparently others were, too. The manager called all the women to the back to discuss "female things." The discussion, instead, was about bandaging wounds. He had me grab a paper towel and he put a bit of antibacterial ointment on it, but this wasn't your basic ointment. I was more like gorilla glue that would expand. He said "you have to put it on quickly or it will dry." Then everyone went back up to the front of the store. I decided to use the ointment he demonstrated with on a cut on my arm, so I put the paper towel to my skin, thinking it would be too dry already, but it adhered right to me like superglue, then I put a bandage over the paper towel (I tore around the ointment so I didn't have a full-size paper towel on my arm).

No comments: