Tuesday, November 2, 2010

180 Retreat

My friends and I were in my bedroom (at my parent's house), and they decided to rearrange it. They put my bed at an angle to the wall, but after they left, I wanted to move it back because I didn't like it. Then out of nowhere came a scorpion, and I screamed for Mom. A spider I could deal with, but a scorpion was out of the question, even if it was only 1 1/2 inches long. It moved quickly, and crawled up onto my bed, and right by me. I was freaking out. I managed to get away from it.
Later on I heard about a guy that had a stroke, then [got sick?], then died. Whoever said it couldn't tell me who it was, so I was afraid it was my dad. 
Then it was time for the 180 retreat. Vanessa, my parent coach, and I stayed in the same room with our girls, except the "girls" weren't the usual 7th grade girls, but rather my friends from high school. We had a HUGE suite to stay in! I walked in the first room and there were 3 beds, two side-by-side, and one off in the corner; I claimed the one in the corner for myself, because I liked the idea of having my own space, even if it was a tiny little twin mattress (actually more like the size of a kid's bed) on the hard wood floor. I kept walking through the room to find another room with some beds in it, and yet another room beyond that with one bed in it. As I looked out the window of the suite, I saw the trailer pulling up that was carrying whatever 180 stuff we needed... and the truck pulling it belonged to my friend, Nicholas, who I had a huge crush on. I was both excited to see him and bummed, because I knew I couldn't go out with him. 
Later on, I went to the store to pick something up. Not a grocery or convenience store, but some kind of rummage-type store. I parked next to a woman I recognized, Mary Bradley. I watched as she walked around her car toward the store, because she had left her driver's-side door wide open. I can't remember if she saw it on her own or if someone stopped her, but she came back and closed the door. As I was about to get out (it must have been a British car, because I was driving from the right side of the car), it started raining. I pulled out my umbrella, and caught Mary's attention to say hi and see if she recognized me. She didn't have an umbrella, so I was going to share, but then some woman in the parking lot was passing out items to hold over your head to block the rain, so Mary got a red pom-pon. We walked in together, and then she basically demanded I stay with her, even though she was browsing and I was only going in for one specific thing. 
While at the store, I somehow managed to walk away from Mary, and I found my [7th grade] 180 girls. They were all in my friend, Lana's room being disruptive, so I sent them into the hall and pulled the new girl (who was the size of a 3 y/o) aside, picked her up and cradled her in my arms, and told her how much I love her and wish she would pay attention instead of being disruptive. When I put her down, she went back to the group, and I peaked in Lana's room to see what it was like. The motif looked like she was going from pink & black to blues. I thought the blue tones looked more like her. She had 2 beds (which I didn't think was odd at the time), one was in a normal spot, the other was IN the closet. What was even odder was the corner, ceiling hammock (that a girl would usually put stuffed animals in) was full of underwear and hanging over the foot of the bed. So if she got kicky in the middle of the night, she'd have undies falling all over her. 
I returned to the girls for a bit, only to find that they were being just as disruptive as they were before, little new girl included.
I left the store and went back to the retreat. It was now the last day, and they were showing a slideshow. I saw parts of it, but not all.
Another day, another place, I was with 3 others and we were headed somewhere. I offered to drive, but then realized we all had bikes we needed to take, and I could barely fit MY bike in my car. The guy that was with us immediately took charge and had me stand up on top of my car (which was now more like a truck) and he handed me one bike at a time. The truck was more like a flatbed trailer, though, because it didn't have sides. As he handed the bikes up, they appeared to be more like skis, except round like tubes. After all 4 "bicycles" were on my "car," we put the sides of the bed back up to hold them on (the sides were more like flexible bars, and the skis were like rubber as we forced them up).

No comments: