Thursday, November 4, 2010

Colorado: My New Home

My family and I moved to Colorado. We didn't take everything with us, though; we were going to come back for the rest of our stuff (less important stuff) in about a month. 
Out in CO, I unpacked some of my clothes (I only had a suitcase at this point), and found that I'd packed some jeans that were pink on the front, and looked like they would be way too small for me, along with a pink shirt. At first i couldn't remember why, but then was reminded that there was going to be a walk/race/ride for the cure sorta event. Dad asked if I wanted to ride along on his motorcycle, and I said "sure." 
The first night out there, we all went to some sort of party. I met some girls about my age and hung out with them. At one point I spotted my mom across the room as I was glancing around. Since I looked at her and looked away quick, she said she thought I was trying to avoid her in public, but then I looked back at her and acknowledged her or pointed out my friends, so she knew I wasn't. 
The thing about the town we were in that freaked me out a little was that everyone carried guns around outside. I'd look out the window and someone was holding a gun, or inspecting one, and a couple times I saw guys look down the barrel of their gun, which I thought was pretty stupid, because I knew they hadn't unloaded it first. I don't remember hearing a lot of gunfire, though. 
Another weird thing was the announcements. It's like the town was a radio program.... the announcer would tell us when events were going on, or if they were looking for someone (sorta like being called to the office when you were in school). 
Toward the end of my dream, I told my mom about this dream that I was still having. I said, "we moved to Colorado," and she replied, "yeah, I love it here because there's so much activity going on." And I said, "and this room (a huge room that we were in) was my room, even though it was kinda like a hotel at first (because we were all in it), and the rest of the house wasn't as nice." 
Upon walking away, I saw a ledge with some old pendants laying there. I figured they must be Mom's, because I recognized them, but hadn't seen then for years. So I started to study them to pick one out for me. One was a little pearl oval with metal over it; another was a car. The car must have been a key chain or something, because it was about 3" long. It was neat, though, because everything was operable: the doors opened, the windows slid back and forth, the steering wheel moved, and there were three little old-fashioned outfits hung over the back window.

No comments: