Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Quite the Travel Adventures

I was in Utah for convention. I drove back by myself in my mom's car. I took a few days to get back. The first time I stopped, I stayed at a hotel. I slept, then changed back into the baggy, mesh shorts I had on with my tank undershirt (like I was ready to wear something else over it or change). 
I hit the road again, and most of the way back I was traveling "with" a bunch of Illinois people. I wasn't actually with them (I didn't know any of them), but I kept seeing them on the road and at the stops I made. 
The next time I stopped, it was to shower, because I hadn't done that at the hotel. Once again, I saw a bunch of Illinois people there (they all wore orange shirts with red pants) and once again, I put the same outfit back on. On my way back out to the car, I stopped by the moving sale that was going on outdoors. I looked around a little and didn't find anything. I did meet some people, though, who were distant relatives of mine! One guy's name was Mark Schneiderly. I told them as I left that I would tell my parents I met Mark Schneiderly (and each of the rest of them chimed in "and Carol!"... "and Tammy!"... "and Susan!" even though I knew I'd never remember all their names), and I left my business card. 
My next stop was in Helmhill, Wyoming (NOT a real place). I remembered as I drove in that I hated it, because I had gotten turned around so easily in it before. I stopped on the side of the road to change clothes. As I parked the car (alongside the freeway), I noticed a city fire truck backing up the hill (perpendicular to me), and I thought about how I had to do so much backing up before and that "even the FD has to back up!" I changed into an aqua-colored robe-dress that belonged to my friend, Tiffany, and got back on the road.

No comments: