Monday, November 8, 2010

Milo, the Worm

I took my friends somewhere out east to celebrate my birthday. There were about 6 of us, and we stayed in a hotel. We were going to go hot-tubbing, but the hot tub at this hotel was about the size of an upright shower (high walls and all). For some reason, all I packed in my overnight case was my swim suit, so I had no clean clothes to change to the next day, just my jeans and sweatshirt. I was really wishing I had brought more/nice clothes, because after the birthday celebration, we met up with a bunch of other people for some conference, and one night was a fancy banquet. We rode on a bus, but there were a lot of parents driving separately, as well. My seatmate was my friend, Addison. We actually got the opportunity to do some shopping a couple times, so I was looking forward to finding something to wear for the banquet. When we first walked in this huge, fancy mall, I said something to some British guy. I'd been in this "mall" before in another dream, but it was in a different city this time, and was more like a parking garage or something before. Later on, while waiting for people to get ready (I didn't have to get ready, because I didn't have any other clothes or personal care items, even though I was wishing I could brush my teeth), I was standing near this area that had TONS of worms. This was where the worms were kept; it was like a worm bath. That grossed me out a little, except I had a pet worm of my own! He was pinker than most of the rest of the worms, but I dropped him or set him down, then lost him! His name was Milo or something, but my brother kept calling him Robbie (he was MY worm, but my bro thought he was ours). I kept looking for Milo, but to no avail. I had to leave him, because everyone else was ready to go... or so they said. Until they walked out the door, I kept looking. Some of the worms I could have sworn were gummy worms, but gummy worms don't move! I realized then that we were not in some hotel room, but in the room of my high school band teacher! They were finally ready, so instead of riding the bus this time, I crawled in someone's station wagon. Before long, I found myself back on the bus (I don't remember how I got there). I was sitting with my friend, Addison again, but she wasn't paying any attention to me, despite my trying to converse with her. The seat across from us was empty, so I moved over. Pretty soon I started looking at something on my iPhone (that I don't have) and Addison saw and made a comment. I was grateful that she wasn't just ignoring me completely.

No comments: