Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Go West, Young Man

I was headed west (who knows where) with a friend, and we rode along with this gal named Amy. I remember she was wearing a red dress and was dancing, and she was really good. When we headed back, she dropped us off at our cars. As she pulled into the parking lot, there was a huge drop-off and the lot was all muddy. Just before leaving, I saw a guy (that "worked" there) walking by and I asked if he had any beef tips for me to eat, somewhat jokingly. Then the Amy that drove us asked if we got her disease from being in her car... it was called something like apiphtha, but she called it apip for short. She said in order to check if we got it or not, we needed to take the elevator up to the 36th floor and use some kind of ledge (that was IN the elevator) to check our legs. So my friend and I headed up the elevator. We couldn't remember for sure what floor she said, so we stopped at a lot of them- 24, 25, 26, 30, 34, 36, as well as some lower ones when others got on the elevator. By our 2nd to last stop, my friend was making fun of me for believing her. He thought she made up the whole disease thing and having to check for it on the 36th floor. But I wanted to check my legs anyway for any abnormalities. Fortunately I was wearing shorts, so that made it easy. Then we saw an old woman (80's) who was heading back downstairs, so I said I'd walk with her. Instead of taking the elevator, though, she wanted to take the stairs. I knew going down stairs is much easier than going up, but at age 80-something, I figured it'd be elevator all the way. When we headed toward the stairs, there was a big open room with tables set up along one wall and people standing behind them. We spotted a table with a plate of meat on it (like pork rinds or something), and a table next to it with cheese (American cheese slices like you might use to make grilled cheese). I grabbed some pork and started gnawing away at it- it was good! Shortly, a whole ton of kids came out to this lobby area- they'd apparently been in some sort of Sunday school. Then from a distance, I saw a bottle of lotion I recognized. I walked over to it to use some. There was a different flavor on each table- coffee caramel was one, but I don't remember the others. I couldn't remember how I recognized it- was it an edible lotion I'd seen before? had I owned it in the past? did my mom ever have some? I couldn't remember. But I put a small amount on my hands (and did not eat any of it). 
In another dream, I was at some kind of school/zoo, and was looking for a place to leave my study materials so I could go for a run. I climbed up some rings by the monkey cages, and continued through. Then I went through another building (can't remember what kind) and ended up leaving my stuff in a cafeteria. Turns out there was a locker nearby, but I never found it. I met up with some people I know, Ginger and her husband Kevin and their friends. We walked back to where I came from, and now the cafeteria was FULL of old men, so my books were sitting on the floor and were in the way. So I grabbed them. We were trying to brainstorm how to get back through this little tunnel we had crawled through before, so I tucked my books into each other so they were all "attached" and Kevin did the same thing. Then he figured out he could push other books/binders aside and walk through instead of hoisting himself up to crawl through (picture a water tunnel under a road and it being full of books and binders). Before we started through, we were trying to get from the west side of the tunnel to the east. After we passed through, we had gone from the east side to the west. I hollered back to the rest of them, "hey guys, this is definitely the easiest way to do this" so as to make sure they saw how we got through so easily.

No comments: