Monday, May 3, 2010

Mad Driving Skills

I was back with a past boyfriend, but I knew it didn't feel right. I took him and a friend to work. The friend made fun of me for having an ugly phone. My response to him was "I'm dreaming this, so I get an ugly phone!" He wasn't convinced at the time. I pulled out an envelope for scratch paper and wrote down points of my dream to blog about. (And yes, this was still in my dream!) I don't think I was fully convinced that I was still dreaming at that point, just because it seemed so realistic!

Then I drove home in my conversion van. The van was hard to figure out; it was surprisingly high-tech for a conversion van. I couldn't figure out how to get the doors closed. I finally learned they were automatic. The button labeled "coach" was for the side door. My mom was riding with me, and then the rest of the family showed up. When Dad got in, he first got in the front seat and started the van. He complained that I had everything on high (the fan was turned up), but that wasn't how I had left it. Driving along, suddenly the roads were bad. As I neared the bottom of a hill and a stop sign, snow covered the whole road. I couldn't stop, so I swerved around other cars in front of us. At the stop sign, the van went straight, but we turned right (tell me how that works!). I was still controlling the van, however. It was like it was radio controlled. Dad and Mom said "way to go" (sarcastically), but I was surprisingly calm as I kept us on the road and watched as I kept the van on the road as well (still swerving around cars, though). A little ways past the stop, there were some doors at an angle to the road, and I eased the van through one of them into a banquet hall type room. After getting turned around, we found ourselves in a parade. We stayed as far to the side of the road as possible to stay out of the way, and headed back to the van. Upon entering the banquet hall, Mom saw someone she knew taking pictures so she had her take ours. 

Later on, my family and I were in my apartment building and were wanting to test something. It was sorta like a stereo system. So I went around and locked all the doors to the apartment (because that's how you sound-proof an apartment...) except the door nearest one neighbor's door, so that he could still get to his apartment.

Later I learned that my friend, Nancy, was set to marry a guy, but she didn't hardly know him. She told me the wedding would be in June. I looked at her hand, and she wasn't wearing a ring. I thought the whole thing was weird, because I think the guy was married for starters, and was a little older (maybe 10 years). Plus I didn't think she would agree to a marriage without dating the guy first. 

This next dream was either after waking and falling back asleep, or was a different night....I have no idea. I jotted down notes from it, but I cannot for the life of me actually REMEMBER it! So here are my notes.....:

My brother and I rode into town on bikes. We were in a hurry, and we missed our turn. We ate at a hotel, and saw a delinquent. [something to do with] swimming... then I saw a business partner. I brought Christmas decorations for someone.

No one ever said dreams had to come true...