Friday, May 14, 2010

Mwater Parkall

I went to eat at this restaurant. Well, it wasn't so much of a restaurant as it was a clothing store in the mall. But I went to eat. I drove in and parked my car, and my waitress was fairly nice, but kinda short with me. Towards the end of my meal, she got kinda bossy. After I was finished and had my check, she told me she was off in an hour. I told her that would be plenty of time for me to pay my bill and leave. (How rude!) She came over later and asked me to "fix" her shirt somehow. I don't know what was wrong with it, but she wanted me to test it by spitting on it. I told her I wanted to wait, because I'd just eaten orange candy and didn't want to stain it. I took her shirt and left mine as a collateral (she wouldn't trust me for the world). At that point, I remembered I had left a pair of shoes that weren't mine at the water park (IN the mall). So I drove away to go get them. I left the waitress' shirt behind to let her know I'd be back, but then was suddenly wearing her shoes- black, high-top Chuck Taylors. I drove through the mall and back to the water park. Once I got there, I had to swim across a pool to get to the locker room. The water was murky, and I was still wearing the Chucks. As I headed back to my car, I walked past my high school gym teacher, Gus. It was at this point that I realized that the Chucks were the only thing I was wearing, so I got nervous. I reminded myself that it was no big deal; it was like wearing a swim suit... sorta like that was the standard. I got in my car and drove back to the clothing store. On my way, I got a phone call from the waitress' dad. I thought it was really odd, but he was very nice and we chatted for a couple minutes. I don't know how he got my number or how I knew he was her dad, because he didn't say anything about her. I parked outside this time and walked in to hear my name called over the intercom. My spastic waitress had left already (it had not been an hour), so another store clerk approached me carrying the shirt (not sure which one). She began to point out clothing items hanging on the wall that my waitress wanted. I somehow 'owed' her at this point....? Unfortunately for her, the shirt was only worth $5, so I don't know why she was pointing out all these clothes that cost more than that.

No comments: