Friday, May 14, 2010

Job Security

I was working for this company that was then taken over by a bad guy (not a criminal, just not a good guy). I was afraid I was going to lose my job, which was a high-up position. Fortunately, I still had my own apartment with all my stuff (it was apparently a live-in job). Most of the other employees lost all their belongings, including the president of the company and higher-ups. 
One woman who was in charge wouldn't let you touch her at all, but being the physical touch person I am, I tried to get her to warm up to me by putting my hand on her shoulder or arm... it didn't fly. As she walked away, I said  "I'm sorry" [that you're not a hugger... i.e. "you're missing out"]. I asked the other guy in charge, who fortunately was much nicer and actually liked me, if there was anything else I needed to know. As he said no, he put his hand on my back. I then leaned in and touched his shoulder with my opposite hand (we were side by side) and said, "I'm glad you're a hugger!" and went home.
On the way back to my apartment, I passed by Wal-Mart, which was on the top floor of a building. I noticed that someone had formed letters out of sticks. There were a couple spots that they'd spelled out "NLN" and in one spot spelled out "PCP" (which in the case of my dream, was not referring to drugs, but probably someone's initials. A friend of mine, Nancy Louise Nottingham, had left the first set of initials- she used to live on the ground floor, so she must have been sent home with the rest of the employees who were let go). I decided to head upstairs for a better view to take a picture of the sticks on my phone to send to my friend. 
Upon arriving home, I found that the electricity had been shut off. I thought to myself, "I can still stay here, because I want to keep my own space." I figured I'd make it work. Shortly after that, I figured out I could actually turn the lights back on myself (something along the lines of a cord being unplugged). I shut my curtains so no one could see in, because people were jealous that I got to keep my job and my things. Then I headed back upstairs to Wal-Mart. 
Later on, my friend, Arlyss, was preparing dinner. She was upset over something and was crying. I wanted to help out, but she yelled at me for plopping food (enchiladas) on the wrong plate; that plate was being saved for someone with a special order: my cousin. There were no other plates clean, so I had to take one out of the dishwasher and wash it.

1 comment:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

I haven't been checking this lately. Why haven't you told me about Nancy being in a dream again?