Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Best Dressed

I was expected to perform a skit by myself. I could choose what skit to use, and I had made my choice after seeing it in a magazine at my old manager's house (where her and another old manager were hanging out...with me). Before performing, I watched other friends and strangers perform. One group of four friends from high school did a parody of a song... I recognized the tune, but can't remember what it was. I remember thinking their singing was mediocre (...I'm so sweet). 
When it was my turn, I took some time to set up on stage; I had all my props in my backpack. Some of the props included a little stuffed cow and a pink, plastic pig. There was a table and chairs on the stage, so I placed the backpack on a chair. I had apparently been wearing pants earlier, but decided to take them off (I had shorts underneath). But then I realized that wouldn't work, because I had knee-high nylons on underneath slouch socks with tennis shoes. So I had the brilliant idea to roll the knee-highs down into the slouch socks. Unfortunately this created too much bulk. Instead I pulled them back up and pulled the socks up as well, which then became leg warmers! I flaunted them for a minute, because HOW COOL is that?!?! I looked like I was straight out of the 80's! Then...I realized that wouldn't work because magically the leg warmers turned into swishie pants and now the pants were hanging down around my knees, so I couldn't really walk. Not so cool. Back to pants. 
My skit started off with a song; apparently a lot of people knew this song, so I had a sort of choir of people standing down in front of the stage singing the song....I, however, could be found at the back of the room... not singing. I used the magazine in which I found the skit to read out of. When it was time for me to start the skit portion, I couldn't find the page of the magazine that I needed. Someone had torn it out and handed it off to someone else so they could both sing in the "choir" (not sure how that works out...) and it was lost. I was freaking out for a minute, then apologized, said I would be attempting to do it from memory (despite having NO part of it memorized), and began. I mumbled for a few minutes, then remembered I had copied the skit down onto paper that was still in my backpack! Saved! So I pulled that out and asked if I could start over. Fortunately for me, they could have cared less; I wanted to get a good grade, though, so I asked to make sure. The first line of the skit started out narrating a farm couple in the year 1830.

Dreams don't have to come true...

No comments: