Sunday, September 25, 2011

Amuse-um

I was out in the mountains, maybe in Colorado. I was on a trip with a bunch of friends from high school, sort of like a vacation. It was sort of like a competition in some ways- there were "teams." There were also middle schoolers out there, and I remember some of the young boys hit on my friends and me. I had a good comeback for one of the boys that hit on me- I told him a) I'm too old for you, and b).... I don't remember. But it was good (though I don't think it actually made sense).
All my friends and the middle schoolers were walking around this museum for awhile before we had to leave. There were 3 floors- the 2nd and 3rd were balconies, so you could see all the floors from each one. The top floors had a bunch of arcade games, so I kept wandering around trying to find something fun to play to spend my money. We were allowed to eat/drink on the 2nd and 3rd floors, but not the 1st floor (and that's exactly what I wanted to do, so I finished whatever I was drinking before I got downstairs). There was also a DJ playing hip hop music in the museum (coolest museum ever, right?), and the song he was playing was some song called "Stupid Girl," and apparently something had happened earlier or someone made some joke at my expense that everyone knew that song was for me. Everyone was chuckling, but I was stewing.
The lower level was like a hall of flags (not just from countries, but bands and other things, too). I jumped up on a black one and slid down it, without pulling it down.
The bus was about to leave, and I realized I was the last one in the museum (weird), so I ran outside, and almost missed it. Apparently my phone didn't get good reception while in the museum, so upon walking out, I received 3-4 text messages that were somewhat important- someone on the bus asking me to grab their stuff. The bus started moving, then stopped after a few hundred yards. Some people were moving around, so I decided it was safe to get off (the back door, because big, yellow school buses have back doors). I headed toward the car I had just parked (when, I'm not sure), and there were a couple people inside. As I walked, some guy behind me- by the bus- hollered "use the right one!" There were two cars parked next to each other, and he had just gotten out of the right one, but I wasn't sure if he was trying to pull a fast one on me, so I took the safe route and hopped in the backseat of the car I parked. I went in to *ahem* use the "facilities." Yup... in the backseat of the car. Talk about awkward. I also brought back someone's cello (in a guitar case) that was sitting next to the car, and some potted flowers.

No comments: