Saturday, September 3, 2011

Break-dancin' Midget

I was at a family picnic of sorts... kind of like our Christmas gathering. My friend, Jim walks in holding a little boy's hand. Jim's not married, and as far as I know, doesn't have any kids, so I was surprised to see him with a baby. My thought was, "Jim has a kid?!?" Well, I bent down to talk to the 2-foot-tall child (in baby talk, of course) and do a little cheek-pinching (or something like that), and then as they walked away, I realized this baby had a full beard! This wasn't Jim's kid, this was a midget! WHY he was holding Jim's hand, I'll never know. Suddenly I felt bad for talking to him like he was a baby... and the midget glared at me while I apologized for doing so. Jim said, "he gets that a lot."

Later on in the evening, Jim and the midget started busting out some moves... break dancing! They were doing some pretty incredible stuff, so it was fun to watch. Then it occured to me what Jim was wearing: a red-blue-green plaid (flannel-type) shirt, belted at the waist and jeans with a double skinny belt. I thought, "two belts? I'm not sure I could do that... but Jim can pull it off!" But really..... not a good look, Jim.

No comments: