Friday, August 10, 2012

Proposal Card

My boyfriend, Manuel had three enormous transformer-type space crafts that he had been flying and had landed in my parents' yard, so he went to put them away. He sent or left a postcard-size card for me with a "puzzle" on it. I had to study it for awhile to understand it- it had pictures of letters or objects shaped like letters that spelled out "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" backward. When I finally got it, I went speechless, then got really excited and started to cry! I showed my mom, who also took awhile studying it, and almost gave up because she couldn't get it. I gave her a hint that it was backward and she figured it out and got excited with me and hugged me. I went to find Manuel. When I saw him I held up the card (as if to say I read it & figured it out) and responded "Yes! I absolutely will!" and hugged him and cried. It didn't seem weird at the time, but there was no ring and he never got down on one knee. It was a little weird that he never actually said the words aloud (proposing).
After that, I was hungry from not eating supper yet, so I went to get a sandwich at Burger King. Manuel bought me a tendergrill, and the people that came in after us tried to cut in front of us in line. I kind of looked at them like, 'are you serious?' and they looked at me with their white-trash expressions like, 'yeah, we're serious.' A girl I later assumed to be their daughter was standing in front of me. I squeezed her sides to tickle her, and she squirmed and laughed. She didn't turn around, fortunately, because after I did it, I realized she wasn't with Manuel, she was someone I didn't know.

No comments: