Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It's the End of the World as We Know it...

I was with a bunch of people that I don't recognize in real life, but I knew them in the dream. It was like we were decorating something, or taking turns putting things on the wall, or something bizarre like that. I put on a flowy, long A-line skirt and started twirling. That was going to be my costume. Then my friends decided that I would do some kind of hula dance (hula-hooping while dancing around in circles) for our "show." Shortly after that was when the first storm hit. I don't remember how bad it was or what happened, but that's how we knew the world was coming to an end (literally). The storm ended, but we knew that we didn't have much time. Someone was watching the weather and saw that there was another storm coming, it was just a matter of when. So we started to prepare ourselves. There was nothing coming too soon, so we sorta went about our business as usual. A day passed, and still nothing. We were becoming more relaxed as time went on.
My boyfriend, Manuel had been working on tiling our bathtub (that was in the middle of wherever this dream took place), and he finished it. Later on, we were standing by it, and I complimented him on his work, then made a comment like "I needa learned how to grout so I can fix these little spots." There were a few small chips and gaps in the tiles. Next thing I know, Manuel disappeared and I see a bulge on the shower door- he got inside and leaned against the door, pouting. He was very upset with me, because I never offered to help tile in the first place, then I "nit-picked" about the job. I felt really bad; he never asked me to help him tile, and I didn't mean for it to be taken hard. The worst part was this was the last time I ever saw him.
Two days had passed with no storm. But then the day came. The winds started to pick up. I looked at the person that was watching the weather and asked if this was it. They actually answered my question backward by saying no, but I knew that they meant we wouldn't see another day. We started moving into the same building. I looked out the window at the sky (to the south, oddly enough) and saw the clouds rolling in quickly, looking only eery enough to hold rain, even though I knew it would be more like a tornado and worse. I followed my friends to the basement. One woman asked me "where's your coat?!" and I held up my arm because I was wearing a coat- my winter coat. Apparently she didn't think it was padded enough. They were all sitting in lawn chairs, facing the south wall of the basement. I thought it was odd placement, so I got down on my knees in the dirt behind one woman's chair, ready to cover my head. When I thought about the coat comment, I went to find some kind of padding, thinking I would appreciate some padding under my knees if I was going to be on them for awhile. I found some yellow foam that would work perfectly. I put two pieces under my knees and sat back down. The wind was getting louder. I was wishing Manuel was with me, even though I knew he was still upset with me. I decided to text him before it was too late. I sent "I LOVE YOU! HOPE TO SEE YOU IN HEAVEN!" I put my phone away and prepared for the worst.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Wow...very touching and powerful dream. Sad :-(