Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Here Comes the Bride...

I was getting married in two days. The invitations were out..... but not a THING was planned! I didn't have a dress, I didn't have flowers, I didn't have a caterer, I didn't have a venue for the reception, and I didn't even know what church I was going to get married in! (Apparently there was a groom involved somewhere, but he never made an appearance in my dream.) I was in PANIC MODE!
I was with a friend, and a bunch of other people I didn't know at a venue up a ways north of Ames, when I realized the big day was only 2 days away. I started brainstorming what I needed to do. I would go to Hobby Lobby to buy silk flowers to make bouquets. But the reception venue... where in the WORLD would I find a venue so last minute?!?! So my friend went to find the lady in charge of the place we were in at the time. It was small, but nice, and a little older. I started to wonder to myself if I'd really want to have it there if it was available (which is funny, because with the wedding two days away, I really didn't have time to be picky!). I decided I wouldn't mind. My friend came back and told me about how people always complain about their pricing, because it's an extra $25 ON TOP OF the standard booking rate (but...what's $25, really?)! I asked her, "so are they available?!" She said no. Great. Now what? So we continued to sit around on the floor in this common area where a bunch of other people were when a random guy walks by and says, "Are we watching a game??" because the flat screen on the wall donned a soccer game that had JUST started, so he assumed that we were all sitting around to watch the game. I told him "no, we're wedding planning." And he walked off.

No comments: