Friday, July 30, 2010

Hitchin'

My mom and I were driving home from somewhere, when suddenly I had to use a restroom. Not sure what businesses in town would have a public restroom, I had her stop where I'd been before with a friend- an auto mechanic's shop. However, I distinctly remember the owner of the shop saying he really didn't like people using his restroom.... but I had to go. Well, in most of my other dreams, my version of a "toilet" is usually some sort of chair/stool... my subconscious failed me not! I climbed the stairs onto this stage-looking area to find two stools next to each other and a light overhead (and it was dark out, so it was kinda like a spotlight... did I mention there were no walls?). One of the stools had some women's clothing on it- pink shorts, tank top, hat- so I moved them and sat down. I thought to myself, "I'm going to leave a puddle on this guy's stool!... oh well, I have to go!" I was afraid the shop owner was going to come up from the back and catch me, which he almost did, but only came out halfway, then went back.
When I was ready to leave, I moved the clothes back to where they were and started walking out with my clothes... because all of a sudden I had two big arm-fulls of laundry! Right as I stepped outside, I looked to my right and saw the owner's assistant standing there. I looked away right as he glanced my way and kept walking. He saw me, he knew I used his bathroom, I was now carrying a huge pile of laundry, and he was determined to stop me. I proceeded up the hill- my mom had parked the car at the bottom of the hill, but I didn't want her to get caught, so I pretended I didn't know her, figuring she would pick me up a ways up the road. She backed the car out and headed my direction. I put my thumb out as if to be hitchhiking and as if I didn't know her, but she DIDN'T STOP!! She looked at me and kept driving as if to say "I can't stop NOW!" The mechanic kept following me a ways up the hill, calling out to me- I never turned around though. It was clear that I could hear him, but I ignored him nonetheless. Fortunately, he only walked- he never ran after me.

No comments: