Thursday, January 5, 2012

The 'P' Stands for Garbage

I was with my friend, Jim (a UPS driver) and we came outside to see another UPS guy loading up, so I decided to help him. Soon, Jim was helping, too. Although we weren't loading packages; we were loading garbage. I was combining dumpsters so it was easier for the guy to dump. Some of it was really heavy, so it took a lot of effort to lift up into the dumpster. Jim was wearing jeans and a hoodie, while I was wearing a t-shirt and skort. I had decided to wear the skort instead of jeans, because I wanted to enjoy the breeze on my legs for the last time in awhile. Suddenly, Jim was the one I was helping, and he was now in his brown uniform. He tried to hand me a vest to wear (made from bubble wrap) to keep my clothes clean, but I didn't want to put it on, probably for fear of "volunteering" to help more than I wanted. As I worked, I noticed some cooking grease and other nasty food garbage very near my skort, so I was trying to be careful not to get it on me. I figured if I did, I would never be able to get it completely clean. I thought to myself, "maybe I should have worn grubby clothes... is it too late to change?" Sure enough, I dipped the edge of my skort in the grease.

No comments: